How do I add a GPX file to my Garmin Edge?
1. Plug the device into computer using the USB data/power cable.
2. Navigate to the Edge drive on the PC: ...
3. Select the Garmin folder.
4. Select the NewFiles folder.
5. Place file(s) to be imported in the NewFiles folder.
6. Safely disconnect the device from computer.
Most rides provide a link to the various courses either on Ride with GPS, Strava or Map My Ride. From those applications you can export a GPX file which typically ends up in your "download" folder. Usually I'll rename the file to a short version of the Ride Name and then copy it onto my Garmin in the New Files Folder.
When you start your Garmin and go to courses in the menu you will see the course you just downloaded as an option.
From Garmin Connect App on Phone
As info, you can send courses from your Garmin Connect account on phone to your Garmin. According to documentation I've found following is process:
- Import the gpx into the Garmin Connect website (Training -> Courses - > Import).
- Then open the app, browse to Courses, select the course
- Send to Device